7.08.2007

American Soldier

This morning our ward had a flag ceremony to honor a member of our ward who is leaving for Iraq. I found out today that he is one of my back yard neighbors. It was a really neat experience to watch these cub and boy scouts present this soldier with the American flag. The flag will be flown until he returns home in May of next year. This ceremony along with it being close to the 4th of July really made me think about how lucky we are to be living in such a beautiful country and how lucky and blessed we are to have the freedoms that we have today.

2 comments:

shannon said...

that's really neat...i love the uniform, it's so professional and good looking!

FOREVER 8 AND MORE... said...

I loved the young boy scouts with this soldier. I wonder what they were thinking. I'm sure they will remember this in the years to come.