6.12.2008

USS Midway & Padres Game



One Friday we headed back into San Diego to tour the USS Midway. It is an aircraft carrier that you are able to tour at your own pace with an audio recording. It's funny how getting older makes you appreciate things more, like history. If you are ever able to tour an aircraft carrier I would recommend it. They even let you sit in old airplanes (the kids thought that was pretty cool) It is definitely fascinating to see how they live, and gives you a greater appreciation for our Navy.



Later that night we all went to the Padres game. We had bleacher seats and in front was this huge sand pit that the kids were able to play in. It made the game enjoyable for both the adults and little kids. The Padres ended up winning 2-1 for anyone interested.

3 comments:

Amberlynn said...

I LOVE all your new collages! You guys really packed in a lot while you were here. I bet it is nice to be home and RELAX! Love ya!

Stacie said...

Hello! Katie told me that you were bloggers, so I thought I'd say hi. Super cute blog! We haven't seen you guys in a long time, but it's great to see you are doing well.

Anonymous said...

your blog is just so cute! i love how creative you are.